Classified - PARTS For Sale - Wanted > 1940's later Chevy/GM PARTS Wanted/For Sale

Treasure trove or junk pile

<< < (2/3) > >>

sammons:
I'm trying to figure out what to do with all my stash. Giving it away slowly to friends that need what i got. I figure between my brother and buddy Tom....it'll be their problem😁

By the time I was a senior in high school, i had been thru 19 cars, 4 dirt bikes and a couple go carts. The only way i remember that is i had them listed in my senior year book🙂  I wouldn't have a clue how many i've been thru since, i was just getting started after high school. I always liked taking in trades on a sale, got some great cars out of that.

Sixball, I may have already mentioned it years back. About '81, i had sold my 72 Vette took trade a black '56 Chevy handyman wagon. The rear side panel glass had been filled,  looked like a  sedan delivery. One day i was driving it, stopped at the post office and ran into a nice old lady that was an old customer from my Mobil service station days. She remembered my name and was commenting on my wagon. She said "my husband had one just like that". She lived on a farm until her husband died, then moved to town. She said her husband always bought Chevrolets and bought a new one ever 3-4 years. He never traded in one, just put it in the barn with the rest. She said they got married in '24 and he had just bought a new "open" Chevy and said he was fond of the open cars.

She asked if i liked old cars, i said yes i did. She said i wish i knew that, i would have given you them cars. She said that some out of town guys had got her permission to hunt the farm and later ask about cars in the 2 barns and that she had given them the cars to get rid of them so she could sell the farm🤯
I can't imagine what i missed out on, decades of 4yr old Chevy's. Personally, i would have had to pay her. I couldn't have taken advantage of her like that.

sixball:
A nice old lady once gave me a complete running '25 Ford roadster pickup. I should have driven it home. When I got back the next day it was gone. She said a guy showed up with a trailer and she told him I was coming back to get it. He told her he was my friend and was picking it up for me. All that was left were the tracks where he put it on his trailer. Just for fun I drove into Quency CA where I knew of a guy that was rounding up all the old cars. There it was behind a chainlink fence. He was a "respected" local politician & businessman. I went home.  >:(

62131:
Sixball you left off thief in his description

sixball:
I thought politician covered that.  :o

62131:
I guess that's right,
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version