Classified - PARTS For Sale - Wanted > 1940's later Chevy/GM PARTS Wanted/For Sale

'55-'64 Chevrolet Rear (Posi and Open)

(1/1)

pila38:
Here's what I have:

1956 Chevrolet rear end housing with no brackets or spring pads (The seam welds were ground down for a smooth appearance and ease of bracketry installation)

Original backing plates to the rear end (Some of the parts are there, some aren't but...)

Brand new self adjusting brake conversion kit from Classic Industries which has most of the hardware

3 original 17 spline axles (2 long, 1 short) with the bearings (bearings should have some life left, but need a good cleaning) and bearing retainers. The short axle was run in a posi and never cut, so it is a little beat up on the end and would need about an 1/8" cut off. (Which you would have to do anyway when running in a posi rear)

One open rear end carrier original to the housing (complete). Don't know the ratio, but the pinion won't turn. (The chunk had a round tag on it when I took it out of the housing. According to my research that makes the gear set either a 3:36 or 3:55. It did not have the second hole punched in the round tag).

Not everything is pictured, but I told you everything I have for it. Also, if you are interested I have listed in another ad...

One posi carrier (complete) with posi unit and 4:11 Richmond Gears. The posi housing has two small cracks and pinion tread marks on it. The ring gear is spot welded in two spots to the carrier. Was in a working rear end but was removed in favor of a diff with 30 splines and 3:73 gearing.

$300 without the posi chunk.

I'll let the whole shebang go for $650 if you want it all. However, too much and too heavy to ship if you buy it all, so it would have to be local pickup. I would also consider parting this out.

Cash or postal money order please. I'll take paypal, but only as a gift to avoid fees. Buyer pays any shipping. PM or e-mail (pila38@gmail.com) me with any questions or pics. Thanks!
Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version