General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

brake locked

<< < (2/4) > >>

sammons:
Yes it could, but problem would have been there long time. Also i would think both frt brakes would be effected. My '59 Elcamino had a problem like that after year after disc brake conversion. Effected both front brakes and i had  to crack line at m/c to relieve pressure. Checked rod adjustment, was ok. It ended up being a hung up m/c piston return, replaced m/c and solved problem.

39delux:
Problem solved.  Got a pin adjusting tool and tried to set the pin clearance between the booster and M/C but ran out of adjustment.  The pin was just to long.  Ordered and new 8" duel diaphragm booster and M/C combo but went from 1 1/8" bore to a 1" bore.  Set the pin clearance to .020" and everything works fine now.  Better brakes than I had before.  Don't understand why the right was almost locked but the left was a bit more free.  Didn't pull when braking.  Can't stress enough on proper clearance of that pin.  Tool to set it is worth the price on line. 

sixball:
Glad you got it fixed and it is good to know what the problem was.

chopper526:
Nice that things worked out for you, but a little perplexed why one front wheel would lock up........

62131:
Yeah buying separate components like that can be a PIA 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version