General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

brake locked

<< < (3/4) > >>

TFoch:
Glad you figured it out.  Great info!

sammons:
Good to hear you got it👍

39delux:
Well, well, well, the plot thickens.  Went to a small show in El Paso, on the way back developed a vibration.  Got home and jacked the front up and they were locked up again.  Took things apart, open the bleeders but no fluid came out, sill locked.  Figured the caliper mounting brackets were cocked causing binding but they were true and parallel with the rotors.  Noticed the rotors were worn on the outside but NEW on the inside.  Upon further investigation I discovered I didn't have Camaro rotors but Ford Granada 11" rotors.  Also found out the Granada rotors moved the wheel out about 1/4" and require different brackets for the Camaro (GM metric) calipers to work properly on the Granada rotors.  I didn't even know that Granada rotors would work with a MII setup.  New brackets on order from welderseries.  If it wasn't for the article in their catalog I would never have known this.  Turns out the larger rotors are a cheap upgrade for MII brakes. 

EDNY:
Glad you figured that out....if it helps any I used rotor Part # GH8810 on my son's 37 Chevy with Mustang II, they are 11", 5 on 4-3/4".  Not sure who makes them...I just wrote the part number down for future needs.

sixball:
Glad you figured it out. Just knowing what the problem is and how to fix it is a big deal. These things happen when we change stuff. ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version