Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

33 Bowtie build

<< < (3/7) > >>

mixerman:
Here's the start of the radiator fan shroud.

Pic (1)
I had to refine my 3D model to show the bend marks to get the flat pattern to come out right.
And my newly fab'd steel work table.

Pic (2)
Made a card board templete to make sure the pattern was some what close. This is just half of the shroud.
IMG_3678.JPG

Pic (3)
And another shot of the radiator shell support bracket I had to make cause of another missing part.

Essex_29:
Good work on the radiator fan shroud!
That's a very neat way to come up with that shape by just bending two pieces.
 I'd like to see how you set it up in a bender/break, or maybe you'll have to bend
it by hand, which would probably work with the 19 gauge sheet steel I work
with the most.

The radiator bracket looks good too.

mixerman:

--- Quote from: Essex_29 on April 04, 2023, 09:49:58 AM ---Good work on the radiator fan shroud!
That's a very neat way to come up with that shape by just bending two pieces.
 I'd like to see how you set it up in a bender/break, or maybe you'll have to bend
it by hand, which would probably work with the 19 gauge sheet steel I work
with the most.

The radiator bracket looks good too.

--- End quote ---

pic 1)Here's my high dollar press break, it worked great for what it is.
pic 2 & 3) All formed up
pic 4) Tack welded to work table for weld up

TFoch:
Looks great, nice work!  Love the "high tech" equipment!

sammons:
Looks good! I enjoy watching how others fab their parts. Might just find that better idea or short cut😁

For decades we didn't have a metal brake. Dad had a beefy work bench he topped with true dimenson 2"x 6" old reclaimed hard yellow pine, it was gapped at 1/16". It would take up to a 3' length any depth, but you would be limited to 2" depth if you needed to brake longer pieces. He had deep throat vise-grips welded to 6" x 2" x 1/8" stap steel for bending. Just mark, stick down in crack and brake it over. I put a 4" angle iron edge on the bench to iron out with a body hammer to get a real sharp/crisp bend.
  Sure was easier when i bought a real metal brake😁

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version