Miscellaneous > Garage Gripes

Use of public land

(1/1)

sixball:
Just got back from a road trip to Texas. We drove through a lot if big country much of it public land (our land) There are thousands if miles of roads. A lot of them are in danger of being closed to motorized vehicle use. A lot of this starts in California and works its way through federal agencies. At least one CA judge stop some of it.

Sorry I was not able to post the link here or remove the post.

Rattiac:
Gotta get out there and "use it or lose it ". I've seen a trail that has had almost no use,   that used to be somewhat popular.  This area got overrun with UTV's and I quit going there years ago.  Last time I ran the trail it was majorly overgrown and pushes you to the cliffside.  Had to sacrifice the paint , lot's of scratches.
I've thought about going back with a chainsaw but.....

sixball:
The last regulations I read, which was years ago, you can remove rocks & debris to make an established road/trail passable, no major construction. The 49er group has been doing that in Death Valley for decades. There is an off-road group here I need to contact. I'm dealing with my county about a 2477 road issue right now. They don't want to listen to something that is really obvious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version