Miscellaneous > Auto Mobilia, Literature and Misc Items.

Chevy aims to demonstrate F-150 aluminum bed is pathetic

(1/2) > >>

EDNY:
Chevrolet is taking Ford to task on the strength and durability of the F-150's all-aluminum bed. In a series of videos released by the automaker, the company repeatably demonstrates how the bed of the Ford F-150 turns to swiss-cheese during three side by side demonstrations that compare it to the high-strength steel bed used on the Silverado.

Spend a few minutes and watch these three videos in order.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/188392-chevy-aims-to-demonstrate-f-150-aluminum-bed-is-pathetic/

chopper526:
Is aluminum cheaper? I don't think so. Is it all about saving weight/gas mileage? Foolish Ford.

madmike3435:
watched all three, my opinion, ford needs to increase the strength factor in its aluminum bed.  not sure what a spray in or put in bed liner is going to do to increase strength.

Here in whitby Ontario Canada right next to GM Canada headquarters and their plant........Chryslers rams are all over the place, followed by the ford TFX.  Not a lot of GMC or chevy trucks to be seen on the roads.  I found that highly unusual when I took notice of it 3 years ago and its still that way.

One thing I will say is a lot of those ram trucks are heavily rusted out.  Guess the buyers don't do rust proofing to protect them.

Leaving for NC>>>>VA in morning , maybe will see some nicer trucks there.  ?

mike lynch         8)

sixball:
My son has an F-150 with an aluminum bed. He's an oil field drilling engineer. He hauls a lot of pipe and drilling tools. No holes. I guess after the Cameo GM didn't keep the fiberglass beds. The long lasting trucks around here are the Rams.

chopper526:
I had a 1999 Ram 1500 with 244,000 miles on it. I loved it! No rot just a little bubbling in the passenger outer rocker. The trans went and while trying to decide if it was worth a new trans I found I was driving with one dead cylinder, about 20 lbs. compression. I decided to put her out to pasture. I got a 2004 F-150 to replace it. I like it alot, but the Ram was better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version