General Category > GM Tech Questions and Answers

Where does my gas go?

(1/2) > >>

Cool53:
The Sankey diagram of where your gas goes as follows. 33% goes to exhaust loss, 29% to cooling loss, 5% to radiation loss, and 5% to mechanical loss. These are averages. But what is left is what we try to eek out to make for a fun ride.

EDNY:

--- Quote from: Cool53 on January 30, 2014, 05:22:28 PM ---The Sankey diagram of where your gas goes as follows. 33% goes to exhaust loss, 29% to cooling loss, 5% to radiation loss, and 5% to mechanical loss. These are averages. But what is left is what we try to eek out to make for a fun ride.

--- End quote ---

Jef

Do you have a chart to show where my $3.65 a gallon goes ;D ;D

Thanks
Ed

Cool53:
I think we all know that goes. I'm in FL right now and 100LL aircraft gas is $2 a gallon cheaper here than in MA. I could afford to fly here. I just can't afford to fly it down hereHave you priced racing gas?! Yikes. That's why I keep building pump gas engines.

themoose:
The last time I bought racing gas (Sunoco Supreme 112 octane leaded) was last fall and it cost 11.50 a gallon. I haven't check yet this year. I use it in my old modified Harley shovelhead which gets about 39 miles per gallon if you easy on the throttle. The bike costs me more to run than the Chevy. As they say....Ya godda pay to play :-\

Moose

TFoch:
Wow I haven't bought racing fuel since 1984 when I ran Cam 2 in my drag bike.  That stuff got expensive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version