Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

My wall clock

(1/2) > >>

themoose:
A while back I was rummaging through my stash of parts and came up with an old moon disk hubcap that used to be on my 50 Chevy. Now what can you do with just one vintage hubcap. Well the wheels started turning and before I knew it I was fully involved with a new project. I made a fixture so I could turn the cap with my drill and cleaned it up with some coarse sandpaper then cut the center out to accept an old dial lens and brass bezel I also had lying around from a 40's something Silvertone radio,hopped on the computer and found some pictures  of  a few of my old Chevy's and printed them out on self adhesive Avery clear shipping labels. I cut the pictures out and applied them the the face of the wheel cover around the lens and cave everything 5 coats of clear urethane. I ordered a clock face and movement for $18.00 on line and put everything together and topped it off with Chevy a orange pinstripe and mounting clips and it now tells me when it time to go in for supper.

Moose

EDNY:
That's really neat...guess we can't say you aren't a Chevy Guy! 

Ed

TFoch:
Moose you're a man of many talents!

ghost28:
That's pretty sharp. Nice Job

32chevy vett:
Moose you do beautiful work. very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version