Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Bear Hunting muzzle Loader

(1/2) > >>

32chevy vett:
Frist of two with the muzzle loader.176 lbs. stinson mt. Rummey N.H.

sixball:
That's great. Glad to see the traditional style rifle and not scoped modern bolt action using a shotgun primer and wafers of black powder substitute pushing a plastic sheathed modern jacketed hollow point.  ;D Bear hunting with any single shot can be exciting.

vette59jdwl:
I would walk a mile through broken glass for a bear roast one of my favourite meats. wayner

sixball:
I worry more about becoming a roast for a bear. They are becoming a not so rare sight around here. Had a big on in the yard last summer.

32chevy vett:
Sixball the gun is from the 1860s I used a patched round ball. It's called a New england  Kentucky full length stock. The gunsmith was from N.H.
That hunt was a real rush. I could hear the bear coming from behind me. I was siting on the ground and he came so close. I could have poked him in the ribs with the barrel. I let him go by after he got by about 40' I let it go. Now I have so much smoke. I can not see him. Then I saw
him go up going up hill into thick evergreens. So thick you had go on your hands and knees. I was thinking I do not care to go in there. So I sat to give him time. then went in to find him.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version