Classified - VEHICLES for Sale - Wanted > Pre-30's Chevy/GM VEHICLES FOR SALE - WANTED

'26 Chevrolet touring on eBay

<< < (2/2)

sammons:

--- Quote from: sixball on June 23, 2021, 11:12:16 PM ---That is the kind of car that I could not "hot rod". I could fix what needed fixin' and drive the heck out of it.

--- End quote ---

Yep, mechanical simplicity😁 Like an old flat fender Jeep, get it opperating and have fun!

Sixball, your dad was just 2yrs older than my grandpa Sammons. Very similar start in life. He left home in Mn @ 14, hopped a freight to Montana to be a cowboy for 2yrs. Hopped another to Ca, but could only find migrant work. Hopped another back to Mn and joined the CCC.

Growing up listening to both sets of grandparents stories, i was always interested in the history. I started to read "The grapes of wrath" in 8th grade, but got too busy and never finished it. Freshman history class the teacher showed the film.
I never read Gypsy Harvest, but seen short films on it. Tough life in tough times.

Rattiac:
Great video on the vehicles of the dust bowl.  I swear this is where motorhomes, RV's came from.
https://youtu.be/Yg7sQbp0ZuY?si=r-BFfOin-UOjWjFh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version