General Category > Moose's Tech Corner

Cowl vent

(1/1)

chopper526:
I guess this request could be considered technical and may be right up you alley, Moose. 
I am trying to get my cowl vent working on my '32. All I have is the door and handle. So, I am looking for the ratchet/step piece, if someone has one they would like to sell that would be great. Or, if it would be possible to get a tracing or template of one, then I could cut one out of sheetmetal. Also, I am looking for a picture or diagram of the mechanics and how it is assembled. Thanks.   
     Jim

themoose:
Jim

Sorry can't help with supplying parts but here is what the components look like. I couldn't find anything that shows how they go together but at least you can see what your missing. I can't get a tracing from mine because or the tight quarters under the dash with my gauges and wiring. Maybe you can compute the size of the parts by using the vent screen as a reference for scale.   Try going to the VCCA Chat site and posting a want ad there. Some usually has what you need.

Moose

TFoch:
Jim,
Too bad the 32 and 33 aren't the same.  I have mine on the bench right now.
Tom

vette59jdwl:
  OKI here is my jist on this one  when i was a youngin I use to drive the Farmall 100 utility tractor  you know what this had for an accelerator ???????Thats right a geared throttle  you moved it two or three or four teeth to accelerate  well if you used that on your cantelever for your vent it would open one inch two inches or three inches and stay there come on people this is suppose to be simple not rocket sciense try it  it will work give it a try its at an old farm supply store  mooseman

chopper526:
Hey Vette59jdwl, thanks for the tip but since my last post on this topic someone sent me a template of the original ratchet and I made one out of flatstock. But again, thanks for the tip.    Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version