General Category > Moose's Tech Corner

Will cyl. heads number462824 bolt on 92 350?

(1/3) > >>

Don Smith:
I never had a 350 newer than a 78 I have in my Hot- Rod. My 350 a 78 is sick so I am going to use a 92 350 short block I have. The 64000 Question is will my rebuilt heads number 462824 fit ok on the 92 short block?  I am going to order head bolts push rods cam and lifters. But I need your vast knowledge on all things Small Block. Will be waiting with Frost Bit fingers for your reply, Thank you so much!! 8) Don in Indiana

vette59jdwl:
  So many questions ;;;;; first is it a roller rocker engine..If so you should use the push rods from that engine or equivalent. Check your water passages with the head gaskets to the engine use are using
If memory serves me right 92 had a roller cam.If that is correct you should not mix and match parts use one or the other other than that i cant see why if you are changing the cam and the lifters allong with the pushrods,that this should work check to make sure the ratio of your rocker arms. and also check the heighth of your pistons in relationship to T.D.C .Do this using a model clay.

themoose:
The heads will bolt on and the cooling passages should be the same (double check as vette59jdwl said) but I believe they have the large combustion chambes and small valves associated with the 70's smog engines plus they are the thin wall castings that GM was playing around with in an attempt to save weight so if the temperature isn't controlled well they are prone to crack plus the larger chambers will give you somewhat lower compression . Not you best choice if you building a new engine and want reasonable performance and reliability.

Moose

Don Smith:
Thank you all for your reply. You have answered my question on the 350. I will be asking more questions later down the road, thank you for the help. It is great to have smart people instead of smart- ass people.like another site which remain name less. Don in Indiana ;)

logride:
Yea it's a great resource Don.

I second that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version