General Category > Other Manufacturer Discussion

Moon.

<< < (2/2)

madmike3435:
when I was THE GASKET KING operating in Hemmings motor news 1979--1991, I specialized in cylinder head gaskets 1909 to 1947.

I had a call one evening from a man in St Louis MO inquiring about cylinder head gaskets for Moon cars and a truck.  Apparently he was the grandson of the founder of Moon and had inherited a collection of vehicles.  I sold him gaskets for each of his cars and the one truck to keep them all running.

I had purchased the complete old inventory and the sample room of every cylinder head gasket ever made that Fitzgerald gasket company of Torrington Conn ?? produced up to 47 .   They were the largest producer in 1930.

mike               8)

Kiwijeff:
John, I have no idea if it was a soft top, I'm pretty sure that what's in the pics, is all he has of it.

Mike, that's pretty cool.

sixball:
Mike, That is interesting. I had an old friend here that was in the NOS parts business. He had warehouses of parts in California that he wanted to move to Nevada but died before he could do it. I don't know what happened to the parts.

madmike3435:
All those parts are probably still sitting there in the buildings.

If you watch AMERICAN PICKERS on Discovery channel its amazing what some people have sitting in buildings.

Plus they get into motorcycle stuff.............so does dale walkaluk of whats behind the barn door.

mike        8)

Kiwijeff:
So my buddy's out, and tells me it's a 1920.
The engine turns over, so he's going to get it running, and tidy it up, maybe go for a Speedster look, with a small pickup deck.
Here's a pic of the grille badge.
I didn't see it when I took the first pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version