Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

1926 buick roadster

<< < (2/117) > >>

ghost28:
Thanks guys for the comments. I went out yesterday afternoon and bought the steel for the interior structure, and sub floor. The main rails of the sub floor will be 1 inch  by 2 inch 16 guage tubing. The rest of the sub flooring will be 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch 16 guage square tubing. I will take lots of pictures of the whole ordeal as I start bending and welding. Wish me luck....John

ps.  Tom.... I am going to follow your picture leads on structuring some of this little roadster.

EDNY:
This might be "just me"...but I noticed that if I had to bend any round or square tubing...positioning the "seam" on the inside of the arc made the bend easier.  The seam is the dark line on the tubing...that would be the thickest wall area...just seems to make sense keeping it inside the curve means it won't have to be stretched as compared to being on the outside  circumference?

chopper526:
Good luck, John, make sure you givr us plenty of pictures.     Jim

TFoch:
John, sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place. Any pictures or measurements you need let me know. I'll be more than happy to help out if I can.
Tom

ghost28:

--- Quote from: EDNY on February 22, 2013, 10:44:16 AM ---This might be "just me"...but I noticed that if I had to bend any round or square tubing...positioning the "seam" on the inside of the arc made the bend easier.  The seam is the dark line on the tubing...that would be the thickest wall area...just seems to make sense keeping it inside the curve means it won't have to be stretched as compared to being on the outside  circumference?

--- End quote ---
I agree with your thinking in regards to the tubing bring stronger or thicker guage on the seam, even if it's very minor, it still would make the bending a little easier. I am gonna try it on some of my many bends to come.. Thanks John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version