General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

Compact Batteries

(1/2) > >>

TFoch:
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with these smaller batteries?  The ones I’m referring to are 7” long, 3” wide and 6 ½” wide.  They are made by companies like Odyssey, XS Power and others.  They weigh about 15 lbs and are completely sealed so you never have to add water and can lay them down on their side if needed for installation.  I’ve read some comments on other sites and most seem very positive.  I’m thinking of trying one in my car.  I won’t have electric windows or a booming stereo system in it so I’m thinking I’ll be fine with it.  Any thoughts?

EDNY:
I'd be interested in hearing some feedback also. One of my buddies has one in his 39 Chevy and recommended one for my 33. I'll get more info in the next few days...haven't heard any bad feedback yet.

themoose:
From what I have read and heard they do a very good job. The only thing that you might need to consider is that they require a little more attention when charging. Take a look at the attached P.D.F  for more info

TFoch:
Moose,
Interesting article.  I'll have to keep that in mind if I go in that direction.  Thanks for posting.
Tom

TFoch:
Well I decided to give the compact battery a try.  I'll be wiring the car very soon and will post the progress in Moose's Tech Corner.  I chose a Ron Francis harness kit.  This is the first time I wire a complete car and I'm no expert so I'll let you know how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version