Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Renewed my CCW

<< < (2/3) > >>

62131:
Nice shooting, Ive just returned from our weeklong trip to Co prairie dog shooting, my longest shot was 287 yds 

sixball:
That is some shootin'. I have to find a new barrel fo my 219 Donaldson Wasp. I'm shooting ground squirrels here off the deck at 10-50 yards with an old Mossberg  22. It doesn't get more fun that that. I had a dozen showing up every morning when I tossed a cup of scratch to the quail. Now what's left run & hide when I step out of the door. I may have to start shooting from my recliner in the living room. :o

Rattiac:
Renewing mine here soon. 
Yesterday I picked up my 3rd firearm.  Another pistol,  I needed something smaller to carry everyday.  My other was huge but reliable,  so that can stay at home with the wife.  Always felt bad if I left her without something to protect herself with.
Had a decent deal on a used s&w Shield plus at sportsman's warehouse. Came with 3 (12 round mags) .
They had a smaller new ruger for less but my hand was too big for it.

EDNY:
Just wrapping up my (2) revolver projects.  Heading out to the Bianchi Cup at Columbia , MO in May.  The top one is a 22 rimfire, the lower a 9mm (7 shot).  Installed a Lothar Walthers barrel on the 9mm revolver. Both have adjustable red dot scope bases that I designed. In one event the target travels 7 MPH right and left, the calibrated base allows me to shoot at the center of the target and not lead it. I made the lugs on the bottom of the barrels which allow me to anchor the revolver to the barricade. In the barricade event we start with both hand on barricade, when target appears we have 5 seconds to shoot 6 rounds at 10 yards. Times increase by one second as we move backwards.

95% of the competitors use semi-autos..I just prefer revolvers. I took a 29 year layoff and came in 2nd in the Grand Master Class last year.....going back better prepared this year!  This year there is a 22 rimfire event, the reason for my 22 revolver, rimfire event is intended to draw new shooters.

Here is a video that the US Army Team made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hb5MJB_yAk

Another old one, with a couple of gun writers giving it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KZnCa0vNY&t=4s

sixball:
Serious competition! That is some nice hardware and work. Good luck i'll be waiting to hear how you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version