General Category > General Discussion - Intros

39 Chevy Vent Window Crank

(1/2) > >>

My19Coupe39:
Does anyone know what other Chevy year model vent window cranks will fit a 1939 vent window spline?   

FATnLOW:
19coupe39....don't know if you seen this ?  might help you,,,

author=TFoch link=topic=1304.msg12407#msg12407 date=1427411832]
I’m starting to install the door handles in my 33.  I want to use the 31 – 32 interior door handles but don’t have my original door relays.  I was wondering what relays I could use with those handles.  I sent a PM to Steve (SWK1) to ask what the Filling Station had in stock.  Here is some info he sent me I thought was worth posting about the stud size on the different year mechanisms.

There were several changes on the stud size over the years.
1929-30 was the early size.
The next change was from 1931-1938
After that 1939-1948
Then 1949-1964.
This only applies to passenger cars.  Trucks were entirely different.

This should help you match your interior handles to the mechanisms you’re going to use.
Thanks Steve

I remembered seeing this post...Might help you in your search ????  fatnlow

19Stove39bolt:
I purchased a vent window crank for a 1941 Chevy but it was too big for my 1939 spline shaft??  At this point I'm not sure what other years of Chevy window cranks will fit??   Back to the drawing board.   Gary

19Stove39bolt:
Sorry for the previous posting about a 1941 Chevy window crank not fitting my 1939 window spline.  After measuring they were both the same and upon closer examination I found a wad of aluminum foil stuffed in the 41 crank hole which didn't allow the crank to reach the splines.  After extracting the foil it was a perfect fit.  Gary

EDNY:
Gary..Thanks for the information...& welcome to the forum.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version