Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

28 Chevy Roadster

<< < (2/21) > >>

EDNY:
That rear shot shows great stance & attitude...nice job.

28chevyguy:
Thanks for the motivation guys.  the picture may be deceiving ...im really not sure about the rear stance... its high as hell - like 8 inches from top of tire to bottom of lip.  springs have been reconditioned but i think they might settle down more???  used the front shackles in the rear since they were shorter , fronts have a drop from speedway, front axle not installed yet.

62131:
I had to use some 2" blocks on my rear to get  the height I needed.

EDNY:

--- Quote from: 28chevyguy on January 18, 2015, 10:38:51 PM ---Thanks for the motivation guys.  the picture may be deceiving ...im really not sure about the rear stance... its high as hell - like 8 inches from top of tire to bottom of lip.  springs have been reconditioned but i think they might settle down more???  used the front shackles in the rear since they were shorter , fronts have a drop from speedway, front axle not installed yet.

--- End quote ---

Probably need to get the front ride height set up before worrying about the rear height?...I assume you have leaf springs in the back..if so, maybe your local spring shop can de-arc the springs to lower the ride height?  I'm not up on de-arcing springs...maybe someone else can jump in.

Been thinking for my son's sedan..it might be worth the extra effort to just install a four link in the rear for height adjustment...since I need to change the rear axle anyway?

As 62131 mentioned...lowering blocks is another option that would work.

Ed

madmike3434:

--- Quote from: 28chevyguy on January 18, 2015, 10:38:51 PM ---Thanks for the motivation guys.  the picture may be deceiving ...im really not sure about the rear stance... its high as hell - like 8 inches from top of tire to bottom of lip.  springs have been reconditioned but i think they might settle down more???  used the front shackles in the rear since they were shorter , fronts have a drop from speedway, front axle not installed yet.

--- End quote ---

You need to have the spring eyes reversed on the rear spring front and rear.  Will get car lower about 1 1/2".  After that to get lower you will need to have a spring shop *** de-arch *** the springs .  You might still employ the lowering blocks to get really low after the other stuff.

mike        8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version