General Category > Wood & Framing Section

wood skeleton blue prints?

<< < (2/6) > >>

john miller:

--- Quote from: themoose on February 11, 2013, 09:00:31 AM ---
http://autowood.net/index.htm   Jim Rodman at 219-797-3775

--- End quote ---

I sent him an e-mail several months ago when I was looking at a '31 Sedan and he sent back that he was no longer taking new customers.

Coley:
David Entler has veery good wood.
I had to rebuild the top on a 1930 sedan that a building fell on during a snow storm.

I bought the wood from a guy in Georgia.  When I opened the box the WARPED wood almost jumped out of the box!!

They didn't cut down the tree until they had an order.  Sent it all back and bought from David.

We also did a 1933 Lincoln 4 door sedan with nothing more than the original parts for patterns.

We used oak for most of it and the car was rock solid when done.

When making new wood parts, you need to remember that they all can't go back in the way they
did when the body was first built.
The sheet metal was put on after screws from the OUTSIDE were already in the joints.

It is a look long and hard, then measure twice, cut, then study, then assemble.

billy:

--- Quote from: ghost28 on February 10, 2013, 11:25:15 PM ---When I first started working on all of these termite ridden cars and replacing the wood with steel I should have made blueprints of each one, but I usually just flew by the seat of my pants and didn't think any one else would build one of these cars. Who knew?

--- End quote ---
me too.
i could have gotten the doors and most of the cab anyway.
its that hindsight thing again......

cocobolo:
Definitely a shame that patterns don't exist.  But at least I'm going to keep any patterns that I'm able to make for the '35 standard.  We should have a repository on the site where any dimensions can be stored...someone needs to start somewhere.  And FWIW I will use some 1/8" plywood for the patters so it doesn't warp like the wood mentioned above!  Hard to believe that a seasoned woodworker wouldn't use seasoned wood.  Pun intended!

chevy heaven:
I have a complete set of wood blue prints for a '33 Chev Roadster.  And also a complete wood kit for a '33 chev cabriolet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version