Miscellaneous > Garage Gripes

Atmospheric River, Bomb Cyclone

<< < (13/13)

sixball:
That kind of thing is scary. Who knows what kinds of infections are coming here from other places? Who knows if it is something new? As far as the effects of new or changes in medications we are pretty sure it was changes in her meds that hid our friend so disoriented that she got lost in a simple trip to town and ended in her death alone in the freezing mountains.

On a lighter note I got the tractor bogged to the axles yesterday trying to divert water that is running through my shop. The ground behind the shop and into the pasture is saturated with snow still melting. Had to use the winch again to get it out. That is two rescues in two weeks. Looks like the Harbor Freight $350 12,000 lb BADLAND winch was a good investment.

Rattiac:
Back from Moab.  We did alot.
Ran chicken corners trail when we got there. Couldn't finish it,  was getting dark and rained. They shut the trail down for a few minutes to film a commercial.  Had a truck all covered up and the film crews were driving new grand wagoneer's.
Day 2 ::; we ran "fins and things" then Hells Revenge.
My dad did well.  I think some parts scared him.
Day 3 :::; We did take it down a notch for more scenic stuff.  Tusher tunnel and into the backside of Arches NP.  Eye of the whale and Tower arches.

Hwy 6 was shut down to crashes so I-70 going home adds 2 hrs.
Great trip.  I don't think I'll take my aunt ever again.  She turns into a different person after 4 o'clock.

sixball:
Sounds like a great trip. Glad someone is out there having fun!

sammons:
Rattiac, glad you and your dad had a good time. Only problem traveling in winter weather...  the other idiots on the road.

They missed again on the rain/snow last thursday. We got a light dusting of white on the grass, gone in 30 mins🥴 Last weekend was the first time our local weatherman mentioned the term "Atmosphiric River" (new guy🙄). The regular weatherman said yesterday we are done with winter. That means hang on we'll probably get a big snow😁

Well my buddy made it out of the hospital last week. The insurance company was throwing a fit. He's doing the daily wound care out patient deal to treat the blister areas. Haven't talked to him to find out if they know what caused it ie exactly what infection he had.

TFoch:
Sammons, glad your buddy made it out of the hospital!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version