General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

frame dimensions

<< < (3/3)

chopper526:
That roadster looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, I'd like to get my hands on something like that. There was a time I didn't like the ratrod look, not anymore, it's just another form of expression and that's cool.
Sixball, this is something you probably already thought about, but when I wanted to lower the front end on my parallel springs I reversed  the eyes, it dropped it a couple inches.

chevygarage:
Just picked up the frame. The guy had all kinds of Chevys and fords there. I gave him the web site so he might be checking in sometime. The frame measures out to what we've been finding out. It gives us all the points of interest that we were looking for. Happy day.

sammons:
Cool, glad it will work for what you need. 👍

sixball:
That is a nice looking frame. That should serve you well. Will you box it? I'm not boxing mine but my engine will not be as torquey as yours.

Chopper, I plan to modify my axle to fit on top of the spring. That will lower it about 6". (the thickness of the spring pack & the thickness of the axle) If there is enough room between axle & frame I will look at reversing the eyes & shortening the rear shackles. The front of the spring goes directly into a knuckle on the frame.

sixball:
Is there any progress here? I could use some inspiration.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version