Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

First of the season

<< < (2/9) > >>

sixball:
#2 About 10 yards from yesterday's. About the same size but it was running in stealth mode. The rattles are broken off with only the newest one and the one before it. Didn't make any noise. The older dog was with me, the one that has been bitten 3 times. She picks them up pretty quick now and saw this one before it saw us. She made a quick stop and backed up and sniffed at the same time than looked at me as if to say, "Well, the gun is in your hand use it!" and got behind me. It was coiled with it's head down. I couldn't get a clear head shot. I blew it up too bad to skin it. I think I'll move the frame to a less snake spot. I got the Rust Doctor on almost the whole frame. I need to clean the places where I tried the WD 40 and Mystery oil. I'll reload the gun and try to get pictures of it tomorrow.  :)

chopper526:
I guess that's one of the good things about living in an urban area, the only snake I see around my way is the garden snake. No threat there. And as far as finding gold? ....only in a safe deposit box ;D But, if I did find gold you know I would turn it over to the government, riiiight......

sixball:
And this morning #3. The biggest yet a little over 3' 8 rattles, under the tractor. All about 30 yards apart and 20 to 50 yards from the house. One of my friends was upset because I discarded the others and placed his order for the rest. He tried to convince me of how good they taste. He is wrong but welcome to them.

sixball:
#4 this morning. Just when I was thinking it was safe to leave the house.  ;D My wife discovered another 3 footer on her way to the car to go shopping. It was about 20 feet from the back door.  This will make two that I've cleaned and frozen for a friend who wants to make some rattle snake chili. I'll skin 'em and clean 'em but I won't eat 'em.  ::)

sammons:
My brother is on 6 i believe. 4 adults and 2 babies that showed up in his shop🤯  He dosen't like killing them, but can't have them at the house or shop. Too many grandkids and pets around. He leaves them alone on the outskirts of his property.

His latest one last weekend. Looks like the same as yours Sixball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version