Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

First of the season

(1/9) > >>

sixball:
I was headed out to where the frame is stashed to check if a new tool will help with the rivet holes and was greeted by a 32" rattler. Funny thing is that Wednesday I took the dog we got last summer to a rattle snake avoidance class. She did well but evidently I should have payed closer attention.  :) It is good they make noise because I was headed to the big weed it was hiding under to pull it. That would not have worked out with a quiet poisonous snake.  :o This guy was more aggressive than most of the ones we have here.

EDNY:
They are protected here in NY! Another crazy thing is that if you find any gold in NY..it belongs to the state!

sammons:
Glad he gave you a rattle, some folks around here said they have been struck at with out a warning last couple years. Been lucky here yet, no sighting since last fall across the alley. They seem to move into town towards the end of july when it gets hot and dry.

Several weeks ago i got startled by the biggest Blue Racer i have ever seen. He was just shy of 6', i was mowing and came face to face as he was chilling on a low branch of the tree. Couple weeks ago another showed up, it was right at 4' and very fast 😁  I told the neighbors so they wouldn't freakout when they came across them.

sixball:
At my grandsons" baseball games last week i spotted a good sized gopher snake. I was amused at how many people it crawled by who never saw it.

Our Great Basin rattle snakes are usually pretty timid. This one was ticked of for some reason. It may have been sleeping and I was pretty close what it woke up.

Nevada's gold discovery site is about 5 miles away and they were digging here by 1850. We can pretty much keep the gold we find but the gold deposits here are not usually the coarse dust and nuggets like California. Much of it is the microscopic stuff mined mostly by big Canadian companies. Neither the State or the Country gets any of it. They have a good lobby.

62131:
Snake's   whooo  they cause me to hurt myself trying to get away, Seen the skin off a a black snake while mowing next to the trees on the back off my lot, I know he's in there somewhere I'm sure hes eating the field mice. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version