General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Laguna seca vintage TA

(1/2) > >>

sammons:
Vitnage races this weekend. Wish i coulda gone, love those old late 60s early 70 Trans Am racers. Brother got a weekend pass and camped out around turn 6. Had a 3hr rain delay yesterday afternoon.

Here are a couple pics he sent me

sixball:
That was the time when all kinds of racing were exciting. You could look at the racers and see a link to something you might have someday.
Here is the short version of a Laguna Seca related story. It is much more involved than this. In 1962 my best friend and his step brother played a "Mommy/Daddy" game that got them each a new Vette. One was Sebring Silver the other Fawn Beige.  My friends step dad was the other guy's dad and owned a Chevtolet  dealership. They went to the same high school. They were able to guilt their parent mess into getting them the control of the the new Corvettes. The boys were friends and swapped the cars sometimes. They went to watch Laguna Seca and on the way home while racing up the Coast Highway the step brother lost it and knocked the entire rear section of the body off the Fawn Beige Vette. He was not hurt but was able to convince his mother that it happened because the Corvette didn't handle well. She bought him a Cobra! It was I think the 289 version but beautiful. He lost his license in about a month and while it was being sold at the dad's dealership in Pacifica my friend was able to talk his step dad into letting us take it for a "test drive" down the coast. What a cool little car! My only experience with a Cobra. This is a way longer & more complicated story. Spoiled brat's.

sammons:
Lol, i know a few of those dealership kids stories. They milk it for all it's worth too, and go thru some nice cars.

Here is a nice little Cobra for you Sixball. I really like that dark blue Vette convertible.

TFoch:
Very cool!!!

62131:
some really nice cars

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version