Miscellaneous > Garage Gripes

5G, Arrggg!

(1/1)

sammons:
Got notified by my cell provider last month that my phone would no longer work when they switch to 5G at the end of december. I wonder if that is actually true or if its a ploy to sell more crap? Old phone was a 4G but never got more than
2-3G singnal. More Goverment BS.

They offer a free new phone as soon as they were in, so monday my neighbor called and said they had the phones in their store now. Freebie is a Samsung Galaxy AO3s, so day before yesterday i went in. They swapped all my stuff over from the old Samsung to the new, then i find out they no longer supply a charger, earbuds and manual😡

Of course new style charger plug and charger that doesn't have a USB port. So....I have to buy a new $16 charger and cord, always something. Now trying to figure out the new operating procedures. Can't get it to post pics yet. I get to the point to selection... then poof, can't get it to move over. I'll get it figured out i'm sure, but a pain to figure out all this crap.

I hear they are thinking of doing away with am radio now. Yes, some still listen to am radio at night (talk radio)😁

62131:
Get some young kid to show you how, if you can get them to put their phone down long enough LOL ;D

Essex_29:
I have a hard time believing they would delete the 3G and 4G capabilities, it makes no sense. I'm pretty certain that they'd lose more than they'd benefit from that.

sixball:
I went through this from AT&T a while back with my old flip phone. So I found a tough newer flip from Kyocera that my son told me the oilfield guys used. It is G4 and has an Android system that can not be updated as far as I can tell but it does all I need + it through AT&T it has a 50gb mobil hotspot capability which freed me from a more expensive, slower, and more limited Hughes Net internet system. I also have two brand new free phones that AT&T sent and I just pulled the card out of one to activate the Kyocera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version