General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

1932 Pontiac Six build

<< < (2/165) > >>

Rattiac:
I moved into another house but this time I had a garage and a shop in the back. It was awhile before I could get back to it but was able to get these.

Wheels
(3-24-2010)
 I ended up getting these wheels at the local pik n pull . they wanted to charge me $ 5 for each wheel and $15.99 a tire. Thats $ 80.00 total . So I slashed the tires and walked away with 4 wheels for $23.00 .Take that pik n pull.
 They are 1988 Caprice 15x7's . I took the wheels/tires down to a local (Wrench-it) center and mounted my own wheels for $ 32.50. cant beat that especially since a total of 8 wheels got dismounted. Used to be a tire-buster back in the day .

TFoch:
Love that Army belt to hold the suspension together :).  What type of shocks will you be installing?  I notice the old ones still in place.
Tom

themoose:
Those old Pontiac's have great lines. I especially like the grill. The new front disks look like they should really get the job done.

Moose

Rattiac:
Im gonna keep the original shocks. This car has what is called "Ride Control" and the shocks are adjustable with a pull/push knob inside the cab .
Here's a cool link about 32 Pontiacs. Mine is the 402 series.
http://www.earlytimeschapter.org/1932.html

Rattiac:
parts (5-26-2010)

Went to the swapmeet/carshow the other day and scored some headlights for $30 (new still on box), an old rusty license plate and a taillight wich I thought was GM but was dodge so I sold it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version