Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Model cars

(1/2) > >>

Rattiac:
It's been since my early teens that I've built a model car.  Generally I've never owned a car that they've made a model of.
So I found a Dakota truck kit and made it as close to mine as I could.

62131:
Looks very closely to your truck, great detail, I still have several model cars that I built as a kid ,

sammons:
Nice job Rattiac.  I remember the same trying to find specific models also. My little brother was always looking for a '67 RS/SS  Camaro convertible like his. When he was 13-14 he found it. Someone had thrown it away in our local city dump. We have never seen a model kit of it except for this one. No way to identify manufacturer. He has since looked up all model companies on the internet for that specific model, no where to be found. Often wondered if it was a GM demo model?

sixball:
 That is cool, well done. I tried one like my '53 once. It didn't come out that nice.

Even through high school some friends & I built models. The AMT 3 in 1 kits were the favorite. It was at the time when many hobbies shops sponsored contests. I had lots of them but none are left. It sort of morphed into slot racing then faded away. I still have a bunch of unbuilt/unfinished kits my sons left here when they moved out. By the time they start there was no good glue. ::)
My hands and eye make that kind of work near impossible now.  :(

Rattiac:
Might be surprised what some of those are worth these days.  Even my lil truck was pricey.  Started out at $75 and got him down to $48 after a few weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version