Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Feeling sorry for myself ?

(1/3) > >>

sixball:
I put this here because feeling sorry for myself is one fo my hobbies.  ::)

Leo Beuerman was from Lawerence, Kansas born in 1902. He was severely "handicapped" but had a better outlook on life than most people. There was a documentary movie made about him that I used to show to my classes. I am looking for a copy of it now and have found a site. Here is a link to a short autobiography. If you are ever down it is an amazing story that will give you a lift or a kick in the pants which ever you need. It mostly makes me ashamed of what a wimp I am. 
https://uss-rangerguy.com/Lawrence/Leo_Beuerman.htm

chopper526:
Good story. Well worth the read.

sixball:
The movie is really moving, I'll post it if I can. A tough smart man.

sammons:
I remember in 6th grade social studies class the teacher read the stories and passed around some pictures on the man. Over came a lot in his life.

sixball:
Some souls quietly rise to the challenge.  Courage has nothing to do with fame & fortune. I do wonder how our present social programs would have squelched his drive or how he would have been used in TV commercials to promote government handouts. He seems to be a great example of the work ethic and values this country used to have. Most people wanted to take care of themselves and not take any more help than they needed. The idea that he wanted to help others who were less fortunate than himself brings tears to my eyes. What a man!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version