Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Opening the Range!

(1/6) > >>

sixball:
The ground squirrel range has been obstructed for a few years with an old warer tank and my broken '70 Blazer too close to the backstop. I moved them today as far as I could with the tractor. I need to pull the Blazer a little further back with with the winch on the '06. Not being able to use the shooting deck to thin the rodent residents is part of the rattle snake issue. I'll finish moving the Blazer tomorrow and getting the newest dog used to shooting or find her a new home. I love her but sometimes fast shots matter.  ::) By the way fish emulsion fertilizer is great for the vegetable garden until the dogs smell it.  >:(

Rattiac:
Watch out rodents.  8)

62131:
Get yourself air good air rifle cuts down on the noise and is cheaper on ammo

EDNY:
How about a 100 yard air rifle:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-best-common-sense-air-rifle-for-100-yard-benchrest/

sixball:
I have a few things to play with. Among them a Daisy 853 .177 ten meter target rifle. It only  shoots 500 fps but will do head shots all day long out to about 50 ft. which is where most of this will be done. I also have my sons Gamo Shadow Express a .22 air rifle/shotgun. Shot shells at 1000fps and pellets a 750fps. I haven't fired any shot yet but have read some positive reviews. The bad thing with it is there is only a ventilated rib and a front bead. There is always the bull barrel scoped 10/22 and some other old stuff around if ranges get longer. I'll try to break the dog in on the air rifles. I wish I had a supply of 22 shorts and CBs. They are quiet and far more deadly than most people think.

I stuck the winch on the Silverado today and got the Blazer well out of the way. What a cool tool, too heavy but cool. Maybe the synthetic rope will help when I get it on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version