Author Topic: Atmospheric River, Bomb Cyclone  (Read 7600 times)

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
Re: Atmospheric River, Bomb Cyclone
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2023, 08:14:46 AM »
Sixball, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, sad.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 05:28:24 PM »
Thanks guys it is sad and could have been avoided in many ways.  She had lost her wallet with credit cards, driver's license, & VA card. It was found Sunday but the finder did not contact her. They knew her and knew how to contact her but did not.  She went to town Monday to try and replace things forgetting it was Presidents' Day. Somehow she took her nighttime meds around noon before she left home. That could have been the key as they were partly to help her sleep. Anyone want to buy an '89 Wrangler?

Got about a foot of new snow. Quite a bit of wind so added to the old stuff there are some 2'+ drifts. Over knee deep going to the chicken house. The dogs ran into a skunk so they have lost their indoor privileges for a few days. They have the shop. Hooked up the last propane bottle (25 gal.) this morning. The sun is shining now about 25 degrees and a little wind. Tomorrow I'll try to move some snow with the tractor and make a fuel run Friday. I have a snow blower for the tractor but it didn't work well the last time I tried it. Should have worked on it this summer. I guess that makes me the grasshopper and not the ant.  ;D It sure is pretty out there. ( play the John Denver song)  :)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2023, 08:56:00 AM »
Again, my condolences for your friend.

Regarding weather, we have no snow this year except for a dusting back in the beginning of January, I believe. Today it is going up to the low 60's. I am going to do some bodywork on my son's Camaro. All in all, it has been a great winter.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2023, 08:09:02 AM »
Here in Ky we have had a very mild winter, very little snow or ice, today it's supposed to be in the low 70's

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2023, 12:22:19 PM »
For once I did what I said I'd do. I got on the tractor at 10:00 AM and got off at 3:00 PM. I moved a lot of snow and got the worst places cleared enough to be easily passable. I found that in some places I could drag with the bucket and push with the box scraper at the same time. I'll do more today and then make a fuel run. gas for the backup generator, diesel for the tractor, & propane for the house and shop. The sun is beautiful!  Life is good!  :) New set of storms starting tomorrow.  :(   ;D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2023, 01:52:40 PM »
This guy came down from Canada to avoid the snow/cold and ended up right in it.
I really like the way it was edited,  so relaxing.
https://youtu.be/4uY2jBN8S1w
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2023, 08:03:06 PM »
I guess I didn't do is well. My wife slid off the road in one of the spots I didn't clear.  I thought it was OK. I pulled a muscle in my leg lifting the winch to mount it in the pickup. I couldn't get her out with the tractor so had to go back to try and lift the winch again. I was more careful and was able to do it. Got her out but wasn't able to make the fuel run. This is really wet snow and compacts onto ice. Her Jeep has very aggressive tires but once you spin them you are done. I'll try to beat the storm tomorrow.

That is a really cool van. That guy did OK but he is flirting with being a statistic.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2023, 05:35:16 PM »
Sixball, sounds like a mess. I just watched a movie the other day about the January 1949 Nevada "Opperation Haylift". Maybe you could get an "Opperation Propanelift" going.  That could end up being a big fireball show😁

Great weather here lately, today 76° sunny and a mild SW breeze. They say by thursday 60% chance rain/snow. So far..... NOTHING they have predicted here.

Spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital seeing my good buddy Cheech, (Game Creek Video driver). He just got home from the road a couple days and his little toe hurt. Couldn't see anything, cut/scratch/bite. (Just red). Last sunday at church his wife kept having to wake him up. After church he wasn't feeling good, took a nap and woke up sweating and his whole leg was swelling and hot. So they went to the ER, they admitted him right then. They put him on iv antibiotic drip etc. Monday morn he had 3 huge blisters on his leg, 4" long and stuck out over an inch🤯 Scary stuff, they still don't know what infection is causing it or how. The blisters had all drained by yesterday and some of the swelling is down. His leg was still beet red yesterday. I told him he must indeed be more Indian than Mexican with red skin like that😁

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2023, 07:08:14 PM »
Sixball, sorry for the loss of your friend.  May she rest in peace.
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2023, 08:24:05 PM »
Thanks Tom. I sat for a while with the friend she lived with and studied maps of the area where she was found including the hand drawn one she got from a guy who was trying to point her back to the main road. Her mind just wasn't right. A guy who spent 6 nights stuck in his car in the same county was found alive. His missing time overlapped Deon's. Happy for him.

Sammons that is scary. I hope they figure it out and fix him.

I went out yesterday and fueled up. The road was not easy on the way down. I took some time to visit with Leroy, look at maps and talk muzzle loaders. It was snowing when I headed home. The road was worse. 6-8" of new snow this morning and the propane was running out when we got up. It was snowing the hardest I've seen this winter. I headed out, before coffee, to clear the steps, unload the pickup, put on a new propane bottle, put a new small tank on the shop heater, feed the chickens & dogs, start the generator, come in an relight the pilots. By then it had stopped snowing. Been setting on my ass ever since. ;D

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2023, 09:42:45 PM »
Lots of flooding around here. Every place here is having issues with snow, water, or both. The flooding will be a problem for a while. The Sierra snow pack is twice the average. Buildings at Tahoe are collapsing from the snow load. I don't even want to think about our little house up there. It is old and has seen worse than this. The high desert doesn't deal with this much moisture well. We are better off than than many. Our road was a river the days ago. I was able to divert most of it with s few hours of tractor work. No new moisture today but another storm starting tonight. It will take me weeks to repair the road but it is passable in a good 4x4. My wife was happy to be able to go to church today!

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2023, 01:17:15 AM »
Left for Moab today.  Slight rain in the city but Hwy 6 up at Soldiers summit was blizzard conditions.  Actually had to pull off an exit to clean the snow off the grill.  The truck in front of us slid off the road,  when his trailer got near the shoulder.
Got to town around noon. Then rain later in the afternoon. 
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2023, 02:39:24 PM »
Sixball you out west keep getting wave after wave. My brothers still getting rain, he said the coast was getting more.
Sure hope your little house is ok. They have been predicting rain/snow every thursday here for the last month and this coming thursday here. Nothing yet🤨

My buddy is still in the hospital. They think they have the infection knocked down some, but still there. This could go nasty, sure hope he gets thru this ok. The thought of loss of leg or worse is always a possibility🥴

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2023, 01:49:19 AM »
Sammons, I hope your friend makes a full recovery. Did they figure out what kind of infection it is or what caused it?

We have had 3 days with very little moisture. Supposed to get another storm for the next two days then sun on Thursday then another round of snow & rain for the weekend. It is getting tiresome. 

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2023, 11:40:06 AM »
As of last friday, what i understood was waiting for new lab reports and still no "what caused it" yet. I talked to my stepdad sunday, he said that he went thru similar deal last fall, (hadn't told me before). His leg hurt, then thought it was his knee. Then leg swelled and went to ER, got his feet up and treated incase of blood clot. They ran tests on infection to no avail. Ended up being a side effect of new heart medicine he was on🙄

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal