Miscellaneous > Garage Gripes

All I want to do is cut some metal !!!

(1/2) > >>

Rattiac:
 This torch is pissing me off🤨.
Had the bottles exchanged and played around with it.  Did good.  A few days later I wanted to practice cutting metal cause its been awhile.  Fired it up and before turning on the oxygen,,, it started ticking.
OK its gonna need a regulator.  Nobody else is open except harbor freight.  Grabbed one of theirs.
It's too big for my portable kit.  Ordered a adapter.
That was just dumb.  It stuck out too far,  dangerous.
Sent those back and ordered the proper acetylene regulator.  I go to put that on and now wrong hose size. 🤬

Rattiac:
Having a hard time finding a replacement.  These are shown with a barb type fitting in pics.
Regulator model # FSR160AR
It's a rear entry 200cga tank fitting but a left side,  "A" nut for the hose fitting .

EDNY:
I have both but prefer using my plasma for cutting ..only use the tanks to heat up rusted bolts etc.

Rattiac:
After talking to a gas supplier.  He said a replacement is about $145 or I can clip the end off and barb it on there with some hose clamps.  It's low pressure and should be fine .
Originally I didn't want to do that but it seems what people are doing.  I just hope the hose fits the barb.

sixball:
 It should be OK, Like you say it's low pressure. My old hoses would probably crack & split.  :(

I cleaned up my tank cart. Putoin new wheels new wheels that were laying around and painted it with old partial rattle cans. More a using up crap in the shop clean up scheme than a fix. I don't even want to think about hooking up my old torch set up but it needs to be done. I obviously done use them much any more but the next closest set 7= moles away past the bar.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version