General Category > Moose's Tech Corner

Gas Tank Restoration Courtesy of chopper526

(1/3) > >>

themoose:
I received a PM a short time ago from chopper526 (Jim) saying that he had a tech article that was published in a 2005 issue of Car Collector magazine that explained how to restore your vintage gas tank. He thought that it might be of interest to our members as there were some earlier post on the Rusty Bowtie sight that were looking for information on the subject.Jim stated that he didn't have the tools to copy and post it on our site and asked that if he were to send the magazine to me would be possible to copy and post the article. Sure enough a few days later the magazine arrived in the mail and I was able to copy the article and create the .pdf file that's attached below. This is a perfect example of what a great group of guys we have on the Rusty Bowtie and how  willing they are to go out of their way to be helpful. THANKS JIM!!!

Moose

FATnLOW:
Thanks ,,,Chopper and Moose....Just what I needed,, Thanks for the    PDF  file....

chopper526:
Geez, Moose, you're FAST!!!! Great job, brother!

62131:
These type of articles is what keeps us continuing to do things are self and keeps the hobby of building cars interesting.

Thank you both, we need more information posted   

vette59jdwl:
thanks very very much MOOSE & JIM  this is very interesting.I know my gas tank is what i call to far gone  someone once said something about galvizing my gas tank  But i think it would be much easier to roll and weld my new one .I don't think it will be a difficult thing.The 32 tank is oval no funny kinks or bends and two ends with a baffle  but thanks alot   vette59jdwl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version