Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Revolutionary war powder horn

<< < (3/3)

sixball:
With the removal of flags, tearing down statues and monuments, and in general disrespecting Southerners it seams not to be as over as we thought. The South will rise again but no-one will recognize it.  :( :o
Sammons that is great information. I've got so much family history stuff from my aunt that it just boggles my mind. I'd rather have guns and powder horns. All I've got is a terrible temper and a Rebel Yell. ::) The toughest thing for me is that there were so few Southern cars. ;D

Coley:
A few  years back I was asked to make new lead shot for the Boy Scouts that were  studying the civil war.  I made over 200, 40 Cal. of them for the Scouts.  As I was packing them up, I thought about all the soldiers carrying a days worth of ammo.  Man, with the shot, powder, rifle and their bed rolls etc.  They were packing one heck of a load.
Myself, I don't enjoy the reenactments of the war.  It seems like such a sad time for our country and really was a ghastly cost of human life.  Both sides lost so much. 

sixball:
For sure a very sad time for us all. Here we are several generations later and the only issue that was somewhat dealt with is not what the fuss was really about. God bless old dishonest Abe, he really meant well. i wish we could get more young people, scouts etc, interested in the history of firearms and their proper place today's society. I guess we'd have to discuss what that is. ;D

Coley:
I am 74 and grew up with guns all over the place.  We never thought of taking a gun to school and using it.  They were in our glove compartments or hanging on the rack in our pickups.  Hell, the principal, one time, even brought his gun out to show us. 
My Dad bought me a 410 shotgun for my 8th grade graduation.  A bunch of us would go hunting after school in season.  My grandpa taught me gun safety and how to hunt.
Respect for everything has changed and not for the better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version