General Category > Moose's Tech Corner

Wiring My 33 Chevy

<< < (7/8) > >>

cocobolo:

--- Quote from: TFoch on April 22, 2014, 09:10:35 PM ---I wired the 700R4 Transmission to the switch on the dash.  I picked up a normally open switch and Omron #21911C relay.  I used the attached schematic to wire everything so driving around town and back roads the converter will not lock.  Then if I go on the highway and pull the switch, the converter can lock and will release when I touch the brake pedal.

--- End quote ---
I think I need to do this on my old Lumina van.  The wiring is currently disconnected, but if you hook it up the engine will stall when you come to a halt.  The switch would allow me to fix that annoying little problem and most likely give me better highway mileage as well.

TFoch:
Finally got the rear section of the floor in so I could run my wires out to the tail lights.  I ran them along the floor and then drilled a couple of holes in the rear part of the body.  I used rubber grommets anywhere the wires ran through sheet metal.  I crimped male and female connectors to connect the wires at the tail light so if I need to remove them it'll be easy.  Once I get the head lights and turn signals wired up front I'll test them.

cocobolo:
Tom. all O have to say is you do nice work...reeeeaaaaal nice!

TFoch:
To finish up the lighting part of the wiring I ran the wires for the headlights and taillights.  As with all the other parts of the kit the wires were well marked.  The directionals and the parking lights each had their own wires for left and right and were connected to each side.  The headlights had one low beam and one high beam wire which I had to splice into to split it so I could connect to each light.  I soldered the connections and them used shrink sleeving to seal them.  I use connectors I could unplug if I want to remove the headlights for any reason.

TFoch:
The directionals and parking lights are in the headlight assembly and light up well.  The halogen bulbs light up good but we’ll see how they work when I get the car outside at night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version