Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 15543 times)

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
    Ed I done figured it all out  are you not just south of MONTRESL.Well lo and behold the Quebec Quoi of Lecole  no wonder your ranting on la Canadien's  Mike settle down  I tink he pulls your limb. lol lol vette

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
My old man once told me (when I was a teen), "Never make lite of man's country,  politics or religious beliefs, it will come back to bite you in the ass. It's all fun and games until someone is hurt". And "It's ok to debate a man, it's not to belittle him".  :-X

Politicians on the other hand, that's a whole other story! ;D

Ed, I loved your original post. My mom got a big kick out of it also. :)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »
 Yes, "right next door". So there are about 35 million of you most of which live within 100 miles of the US border. Does that tell you anything? I think we may now know who indirectly  paid the medical bills you mention in another post. What just saved your Parliament? A good guy with a hand gun! Hell, California has that many people and in your amount of space they be more peaceful especially if we enforced our immigration laws like you do.  Do you really think that was it not for The United States that you would not be speaking Japanese or Russian right now?

You may not know it but many Canadians have illegal hand guns in spite of your restrictive laws. Many of them are now criminals just for keeping their grandfather's old Colt. Some of them bought or stole them from US and other  hunters on their way to Alaska. Others just got them through the black market. Actually some are allowed to have registered hand guns. I think trappers can still have a .22 after jumping through the hoops.

Mike you don't have to make light of this conversation. There are no smiles here. When Putin or the Chinese come for you just give us a shout and well show up with our nasty old guns and save your ass. " When you're runnin' down my country hos......."

The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »
    Ed I done figured it all out  are you not just south of MONTRESL.Well lo and behold the Quebec Quoi of Lecole  no wonder your ranting on la Canadien's  Mike settle down  I tink he pulls your limb. lol lol vette

Please..before I get deported from Canada the next time I go up there ;D I simply noted a joke about Granny and look out..Got it with both barrels (yes gun pun intended) it was suggested that I go north for a crime free environment. I know that the majority of Canadian communities are safe, but Canada is always in the top 5 or 6 for countries in the world with the highest crime rates. YES- YES the US is always #1 it's all over the news all the time...

BTW: I was a border patrolman ie cars, snowmobiles, snowshoes etc between the ports of entry. Years ago 2 Canadian brothers busted out of a Quebec transport vehicle, they were charged with shooting and paralyzing a Quebec police officer that was just sitting in his car minding his own business.  Well within 3 days they both picked up handguns (very illegal in Canada) and crossed the border. My partner encountered them and after exiting his vehicle was shot in the stomach and returned fire killing one. We caught the other one about 6 hours later - still with his handgun.

We even caught one guy bringing in a bomb, several known terrorists, murderers, organized crime figures including Hells Angels..yep...nothing you hear about.  We even had one border patrol vehicle stolen right in front of a hotel in Canada...never to be found again.

Don't know how many tourist vehicles are stolen routinely.  One local family went up to Montreal pulling an enclosed 4 snowmobile trailer and stopped for lunch. They never saw their Ford 4X4, trailer and snowmobiles again.  I have spoken to numerous individuals that have gone hunting in northern Quebec and on the way home have had their vehicles, trailers and guns stolen. Is Canada safer than the US...yes it is!...but you can still become a victim - people need to remember that when traveling to any country. 

Have to give Canada credit, years ago they waived the visa requirement to enter Canada, even Mexicans could fly into Canada without a visa.  We were getting hammered with folks getting off planes in Canada and within hours dragging their luggage across the border illegally.  Canada finally realized that the illegals were only using them as a stepping stone into the US and weren't coming up there to play in the snow.

Again..I'm not bad mouthing Canada, I have many Canadian friends and have lived on the Canadian border nearly my entire life...just like to remind folks...bad people don't have borders! And yes Canada has an immigrant problem...but not nearly as severe as ours.

Am I out of this..or did I dig a deeper hole :'( :'( :'(

Canada Je te aime!
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 04:12:55 PM »
EDNY, Rest assured the US is not #1 in crime rates, violent crime or even gun crimes. Pollsters and data crunchers can make the numbers show what ever they want them to show. Aside from a few neighborhoods in mostly large cities we are far down the list. For a country of over 300 million with more guns than people  divided into ambiguous groups for the befit politicians in order secure reelection we do pretty well.  ;D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

themoose

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »
My father was born in Chipman New Brunswick Canada and came to the US when he was 18 to find a job in industry. All of my relatives on his side of the family are still there. When they would come to the US to visit us they would often comment about how our way of life was far different from theirs and how when they were back at home they didn't have to worry about locking their doors or walking the streets alone at night....Well one of them not long ago called and said that they were finally catching up with us. Seems that he bought a new barbeque grill and used it on the first night to entertain some of his neighbors and friends and when he got up the next morning and looked out into his back yard it was gone. In this day and age no one is immune to having to deal with unsavory characters no matter where you live.
Too soon we get old too late we get smart. One out of two ain’t bad 8)

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »

.  Do you really think that was it not for The United States that you would not be speaking Japanese or Russian right now?

Others just got them through the black market.
 Actually some are allowed to have registered hand guns.  When Putin or the Chinese come for you just give us a shout and well show up with our nasty old guns and save your ass. " When you're runnin' down my country hos......."

We the Canadian people,  if you research our war history have never lost a war or conflict starting with the war of 1812 and you know who's white house got burned down. ???    We got the toughest D day landing spot at Juno beach in Europe and fought our way forward , faster than any other country's army that landed that day.   When it was a must have victory you know who was the first out of the foxholes and quickest to the top of the hill........WE WERE .  If one was to only rely on Hollywood engineered fantasy you would think the USA armed forces won every war, every battle all on their own.  We all know the truth about the allied forces and who did what.

As far as rutin tootin PUTIN head of Russian....he is not coming here either as guest or invader.......our Prime Minister just told him to get f... U .!  He is persona non grata in Canada.

The Chinese are already here in north America,  they have invaded us literally thru YOUR walmart stores, no need to invade with boots on the ground. They own your retail section in stores and ours.    Most of the stuff in stores comes from China or Korea, it cannot be avoided unless you put aggresive import duties on them. Then all will be crying about how expensive everything is, driving the stock market down.

I believe that people who are registered in shooting clubs can own hand guns, only to be used at the clubs and locked in special cabinets when at home...........not sure on that .

When and if any invader shows up here to subjugate us were are going to talk them to death, ever so nicely.   But as soon as we soften them up and they let us have our hockey sticks back, gonna be some bad stuff going down.  Watch out in the corners.

Seeing as how your government monitors everything on the interweb ,  to quote Richard Rawlins, only posting my given first name........lmao  .

mike  ;D    8)

mike         

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 06:19:11 PM »
I guess they think they can monitor the internet because Al Gore invented it. ::)
No one doubts the bravery or tenacity  of Canadian fighting men military or civilian. If any one could turn back an invasion with hockey sticks you are the guys. As far as believing in the images Hollywood fills the screen with, we don't. Speaking of Chinese goods I have no Chinese guns. ;D

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
Let's not get the Chinese mad...they may close our Harbor Freight Stores!  Don't want to get the Canadians mad or they'll never open a Tim Hortons here in Champlain, NY ;D 

Sorry you folks that don't leave near the border will have to look up Tim Hortons. 

FYI: The Quebec McDonalds restaurants also sell "poutine"...you'll have to look that one up also! I understand that McDonalds now sells poutine across Canada ?

Gotta go....my Sabres are playing!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Canada won't shut any thing down. They own the major mining companies operating in Nevada. They get the gold and no or low taxes. Nevada gets the mess and the jobs. If Nevada was a separate country it would be the 7th largest gold producing nation in the world. We could even keep the gold and mint our own coins. Smell your Maple Leafs and see if they smell like sagebrush.  :o

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »
Let's not get the Chinese mad...they may close our Harbor Freight Stores!  Don't want to get the Canadians mad or they'll never open a Tim Hortons here in Champlain, NY ;D 

Sorry you folks that don't leave near the border will have to look up Tim Hortons. 

Gotta go....my Sabres are playing!

Gee, no Tim Hortons in your town of Champlain NY, ya really need to come here to whitby, we have must have 14 of them and all with drive thru line ups all day long.   If you got a burger king, now that they are getting together in new year , should have a tims soon.

Hopefully our government will put the kibosh on that merger. >:(

POUTINE = gravy and melted cheese curds on French fries..........UGH !   P-TEW

mike

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:38 PM »
Man, I'm sorry I missed out on this. Is it too late to jump in?........I was at Niagara falls a couple times, and it was nice. ;)
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
Man, I'm sorry I missed out on this. Is it too late to jump in?........I was at Niagara falls a couple times, and it was nice. ;)

Hmmmm which side...NY or Ontario?  Not saying which...but a gun is good on one of the sides ;)

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »
Sorry, Ed, it was on the "guns are evil" side.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 07:58:45 PM »
If somebody is caught bringing a gun into Canada and the border people find it, you could be going to jail, the gun confiscated and destroyed.

Niagara Falls NY, guns no problem, but not in Canada.   The hood rats and welfare drug dealing scum here have them and regularly blow each other away.

I say round them all up out of jail, load them onto a troupe transport plane, strap chutes to their backs and when plane is flying over whatever hell hole island they came from, push them out and nicely way bye bye  in that oh so nice Canadian way.

mike     :-X

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal