General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Old man question!

<< < (2/4) > >>

cocobolo:
The name of my boots is "Thunderstruck" - shades of AC/DC - and I got them just over two years ago.  They have a steel shank in the bottom, plus the steel toe which is covered by some sort of very tough and hard rubber.  They are still just like new.

When I went looking for work boots, I tried on many different kinds and settled on these based on the comfort level.  I hate boots that hurt you anywhere.  It just makes for a miserable day.  FWIW I always use a heavy wool work sock (not synthetic) in my boots.

As for the legs hurting, I agree with you that advancing age is a big contributor.  Lately I have been getting several different feeds in from a variety of health type websites, and it seems that our diet is the main cause of most of our health problems.  You might find that your circulation is starting to fail somewhat (as mine is) and that most definitely makes the legs hurt after a day of work.  I also have arthritis in my right knee particularly, and that's a real bugger at the end of the day.

Kiwijeff:
Im no help here, i wear Doc Martins, and havnt worn a steel toed work boot for many years. You guys have an advantage of good American quality made boots. We get flooded with a lot of Chinese stuff.

cocobolo:

--- Quote from: Kiwijeff on May 11, 2014, 04:23:52 AM ---I'm no help here, i wear Doc Martins, and haven't worn a steel toed work boot for many years. You guys have an advantage of good American quality made boots. We get flooded with a lot of Chinese stuff.

--- End quote ---
My boots are actually made in China, and as much as it pains me to say it, they are about the nicest work boots I've ever owned.

EDNY:

--- Quote from: themoose on May 10, 2014, 06:11:46 PM ---Ed...I'm on my second pair of Thorogood boots. A friend of mine works for the power company here in Connecticut and they recommend these boots for their guys because they have a non-metallic safety toe and can insulate some pretty high KV. They have replaceable inner cushions and are the most comfortable boots I've ever had plus they ware like iron.

http://www.thebootpro.com/products/dsp_productDetail.cfm?pSKU=583&w=

Moose

--- End quote ---

Just as an update..I bought a pair of these boots..but after about 3 months the stitching on the left boot pulled the material apart.  The company http://weinbrennerusa.com/ has been giving me the run around and have poor customer service.  Obviously no warranty..so I'll never buy another pair.

Bad part is that I really liked them....

Ed

62131:
I would keep calling, ask for a supervisor, their add says made in the USA I'm sure you can get something done,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version