General Category > General Discussion - Intros

what is it?

(1/2) > >>

sammons:
My cousin stopped in last weekend, anyway I was looking at our grandparents old pictures. Grandpa got his picture taken in this car, it was on some sort of tour and was in Dodge City. He once told me what it was, but I can't remember. If I recall, around the  fourty's he was a mechanic for Chevrolet. All grandma had wrote on the back was "25cent Dude in a 26,000 car" 

Kind of looks Oldsmobile'ish, Packard, Hudson roadster proto-type? The wheels are rather unique for the time. Sure would like to remember or find out so I can write on the back also! Any idea's?

madmike3434:
this is a tough one, its definitely not the big 3 motors.   thinking a rarish  Ghia type custom euro body builder.  Trying to pull the name out of my memory banks as in the early 50's these were low production custom cars.

will repost if I can remember what I think it is ?????????????

mike

logride:
1950 Muntz jet?

sammons:
Logride you maybe in the ball park. Looks like that was bought out from Frank Kurtis , (1949 Kurtis-Kraft Sport), by MadMan Muntz in '50. Every thing looks right except for the round park lamp under the headlamp and the wheels. If you look at the kidney bean style front wheel (at the rear) you can see a really bad wheel rim seam.  Possibly a prototype?

Side note, I found Muntz was the inventer of the 4 track tape player. We bought an old car that had one of those in it.lol

madmike3434:
bingo think you nailed it.

mike........... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version