General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Recognize these spindles?

(1/1)

EDNY:
Removed the Corvair front suspension off the 37 Chevy...the upper arms look and measure up as narrow Mustang II..anyone recognize the spindles?

ghost28:
I only installed one corvair suspension in a 36 chevy truck years ago, but I have slept since then and don't recognize the parts. It would be nice yard art. I hope the 37 is going well.

EDNY:
The spindles are obviously drum brake units with GM rotor/hubs attached...wondering if they could they be stock 37 spindles.

vette59jdwl:
Ed  it look like the front end under my 59 corvette it has 53 chevy spindles on it to drop it 2 inches lower and its not hard to adopt disc brakes to that spindle,As far as being corvair i have no idea   vette59jdwl

EDNY:
Most of it is going to the scrap yard, the only parts that look salvageable are the spindles and upper control arms. The rotors with GM bolt pattern look like they were installed but never used...rusty now but could be cleaned up.  I'll have to look at the parts closely for part numbers.

It looks like the cross member was cut & re-welded in the middle to either widen or narrow it to fit the 37 frame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version