General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Fuel Pump Question

(1/10) > >>

munch:
I am installing a Holley 12-801-1 electric fuel pump and the instructions say to mount it below and close to the gas tank.  I have a 1930 Coach and the tank sits low in the frame with no place to mount a fuel pump lower.  The instructions say it is designed to push not suck.
The Mr. Gasket pump, which I was told to get rid of, was mounted in the inside frame forward and above the tank and it worked.

Any thoughts?

62131:
Is it possible to move it forward on the frame little to get it below the tank? I would think that if it is flooded as the instruction indicate it should be fine.

munch:
I can move it more forward, but it still would not be below the tank, although somewhat lower.

62131:
would it be below the level of the fuel in the tank?

EDNY:
I have the same situation with my 33 Chevy, I finally just mounted the fuel pump on top of the fuel cell. I did route the line from the tank up above the fuel pump and then back down about an inch...just trying to keep the pump primed if that makes sense?

Kinda like making a loop (up and down) with the pump at the bottom so it doesn't go dry.

Running fuel injection and using a Ford 70-95 PSI inline pump Delco #EP286.

Haven't had a problem yet in the yard...but I haven't been on the road full time yet.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version