Author Topic: Atmospheric River, Bomb Cyclone  (Read 7589 times)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
Re: Atmospheric River, Bomb Cyclone
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2023, 08:50:36 PM »
Thats the drawback of propane. The ability to get delivered, usually at the most inconvenient time. I don't know how you move those tanks. I brought my BBQ grill in so if the power went out i could use the side burner for coffee or skillet. I went to unhook my 5 gallon one off it to refill to make sure i had enough. I couldn't lift it out of there😡  Didn't think i had gotten that weak. Just another thing my buddy Tom will have to do for me.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2023, 10:19:19 PM »
Sitting here now by the fire on the 6th day on this bottle. The thermostat tweaking is paying off. If I'd done this in September the big tanks would probably not be empty. As far as handling them, I can lift the empties. The guy that fills them helps load them in my pickup and when I get them home the Kubota makes to possible to get them where they need to be. No one said it would be easy but I may have to get bigger tanks this summer.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2023, 10:56:48 AM »
Weather man has been predicting this snow storm since monday for over night wed. Tues day was up to 1 to 3" here, yesterday it was updated to 3 to 6" possibly more come thursday morn. They were calling off schools ahead of the snow. Only giving windchills for temps😡  Took dog out early this morn, only white was in the sidwalk seams. Weather this morning still in wind chill "feels like" temps, and they say clouldy, mostly cloudy all day. Suns been shinning since daybreak.

Got a kick out of the radio dj. Well the weather man is seeing something i'm not. Looking out the window here, i see a light dusting of snow and sunshine. However...to his credit, it is 20° and the wind is blowing.😁

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2023, 12:07:25 PM »
It will tougher for them to make predictions of Biden keeps shooting their weather balloons and ignoring the Chinese spy craft.  :o
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2023, 02:37:35 PM »
It hit 60° here in New Hampshire the last two days! Very mild for this time of the year!
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2023, 05:39:09 PM »
They say we are supposed to get 8-12" in the valley.  Yeah right.  ::)
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2023, 08:03:57 PM »
This morning it was 40 degrees. The first morning above freezing for months. I saw the first ground squirrel of the season. I was doing road work like yesterday and got tired of chasing my cap by 1:30 I was blown off the job. It is 5:00 PM now 25 degrees 2 1/2"- 3" of snow on the ground. The wind is blowing and visibility is about 20 yards. It's coming!

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2023, 08:14:36 PM »
You guys must be getting whats headed my way. Been a weekly yo-yo ride, warm then cold. Been warm, upper 60s and 72 today. But dang wind kicked up hard by late morn, then thin clouds and dust. 46 for overnight low, then the big dive tomorrow night. High 30, low 8 for thursday🤯 Still no moisture here, snow and rain have been missing us.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 11:58:28 AM »
I measured 4" before I went to bed last night. It was snowing then. Two wind blew all night so can't get a measurement this morning but not much more fell. By Saturday we may get 8 more inches highs in the 20s lows in the teens.

Here's how I feel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTniFYt4jao

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 01:47:43 PM »
Great song.
This morning took the dog out and measured 17 inches in my driveway.  😳
Half of Utah has the day off but us jeepers the reliable guys we are still showed up to work.
I saw the snow and said "challenge accepted" .😎
I have PTSD.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 02:14:28 PM »
Sixball i haven't heard that song in nearly 50 years, forgot all about it.

Challenge accepted, lol 😁 We had a big blizzard in '76, big big drifts, like some 8' tall. School called off so i went to work at Mobil instead. Our manager had a '73 chevy 4x4 and it was buried deep in a drift, he was a no show. I had a 68 Galaxey 500, snow tires and chained up. Told my buddy i worked with that i would go get him. Had to make several stabs at the drifts to get through, the last being huge but not too long. I left a tunnel going thru it. Got in his drive knocked on his door, the look on his face, lol  Damn, how did you get here? I wanted the day off😁

Add: I caught the CBS evening news cause i missed local weather. More fear mongering... 60 million people brace for a coast to coast winter storm. Unprecedented snow in Minnesota, a foot on the ground and more coming. Then a gal on the street, " It's Minnesota, thats what happens"🙄
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 07:33:11 PM by sammons »

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2023, 12:09:30 PM »
The sad news first. my good friend went missing a week ago today. She was found  dead yesterday in a remote area just south of here in her Jeep Wrangler. She was in no way prepared to be out there in this kind of weather. We don't know why she was out there, most likely reaction to medications from the VA. It's a long story and I don't know it all yet, may never know. I have to help My friend who she lived with to sort things out. It is a mess.

In the next storm Tahoe may get 7' of snow and we could get up to 15" here. That will put us to neat 2' on the ground. Play the John Denver song again! Sometimes here we get 90% of our snowpack for the year in March!  :o

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2023, 12:37:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend Sixball. In that kind of weather  anything can happen.
 Reminds me of on old friend of mine, he was in his low 80s at the time. Went out one afternoon for a drive, he had various different farm grounds. He didn't come home for dinner, wife started calling around and the locals went hunting for him. It was winter, but no snow/rain. They found him the next day, he was up north 15 miles in the sandhills by the river. He was born up there, been around there all his life. He went a sandhill too far and lost his sense of direction, had no idea which way was out. They said his tracks went all over the place. He was out of gas, cold, dehydrated and a bit confused but ok.

You out west are atleast getting some much needed moisture.

Brother got couple inches snow last thursday, rained hard friday, then 6"-9" snow friday night. He took his FJ40 out for a spin in it sat morning. Said he didn't mind it much as it would be gone in a day or two. In the mean time we were warm, had a storm come thru last night. High wind rain and a few first of the year twisties. Of course right here  we only got an hour of very light rain, didn't get any run off in the creek🥴

Brothers place
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:24:48 PM by sammons »

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2023, 02:20:22 PM »
Man,  sorry to hear about your friend. 
We hear that stuff here from time to time.  Terrible news. Last time a lady took a shortcut home north of the Great Salt Lake and was missing for a week.
 I wanted to help with the search but they found her alive just stuck. She had food, water and made a fire till the wood was gone.
Wasn't far from the highway.  A small hill blocked the view from seeing her. She stayed with the vehicle and had a full tank.
Do you and your neighbors have radios you can do a roll call every few days in weather like this  ?
How's the winch coming along in your Yukon.
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 12:54:14 AM »
The winch setup os on my Silverado. It is all done but I don't like it. It goes into receivers front or back but it is too heavy for me to carry around by myself. I have a rope line for it and that should lighten it up some. It sticks out too far to leave to on all the time plus it would be easy to steal and probably eventually break the mount. It will be a help around the place and I'll pack it along on big outings but I'm rethinking. The good thing is now a new bumper mount is it's own project and will seem to cost less.

Deon was out of gas. She had no warm clothes or blankets. Not even a charger for her phone. They haven't named a cause of death yet but I'm sure the cold was it. Very sad. She was miles from where she should have been. We didn't join the search. The had 2 Jeep posses drones and a helicopter. We would only have been in their way. I looked in some spots nearer here just incase she made it back closer to home. There is always someone missing around here. So many city types who don't respect how many ways there are to die 100 yards from your house. Deon was one of those. I worried when she bought the Jeep.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal