Miscellaneous > Interesting Internet Finds Chevy-Ford-MOPAR Cars/Parts/Other

Lambrecht Chevrolet New Old Stock Chevys Auction!

(1/1)

EDNY:
Lambrecht Chevrolet of Pierce, Neb., was like many Midwestern, small-town dealers — owned and operated by a family, with minimal overhead and little need for advertising since most customers were neighbors. Ray and Mildred Lambrecht ran the dealership with just one employee for 50 years before closing up, and later this year the Lambrechts will sell off a trove of 500-odd vehicles they've held onto over the decades — including roughly 50 with less than 10 miles on their odometers. It's less a car sale than a time capsule auction.

Must see video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rRFiSUH4gdQ

chopper526:
That is unbelievable! I wish I was rich instead of good looking.

Wally:
That's about 2 hours from where I live. I like going into Nebraska and finding old cars. There is always that one place that that "you know" has all those cars that are like brand new and 50 plus years old. I've been hearing that rumor for 10 years and I always think I found a good place with lots of old cars but I never found that one. That's the second dealership in Nebraska that I know of that tucked old cars away with low miles if they didn't sell or were last years models. The other one was a Mopar dealership. (I'm not sure if it was a Dodge or Plymouth or Desoto thing but you get the idea)

EDNY:

NBC news covered the auction last night....hope a bunch of individual folks get to realize their dreams.  Looked neat to see those old Chevy's all lined up on that guys farm (not a junk yard). They said when someone traded in their old Chevy for a new one, the dealer owner wouldn't sell the used one but moved them to his farm instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version