Classified - PARTS For Sale - Wanted > 1940's later Chevy/GM PARTS Wanted/For Sale

3729004 Flywheel

<< < (2/2)

sammons:
Lol, sure didn't want to be up. ;D

I never thought to look into the templates after he died. John had made them for flywheel pressure plate bolt patterns. He had two that I new of for 14". They were made from 1/16" steel plate, one for 11" and the other for 10.5". It bolted to the flywheel and had the other bolt pattern holes to be drilled was 1/8"  to use center punch.

When he made a jig or template, it looked factory made.  The last one he drilled and tapped for me, he only charged $25

sixball:
I've widened my search and see some dual pattern ones now. Pretty pricey. I thought of bolting one flywheel to the other using the mounting holes and transferring the 10.5 hole locations. If you could put them in a lathe to true the bolted pair it might work but it would take a big lathe. I have some access to the Virginia Truckee Rail Road shop in Virginia city but the skill thing comes up.

I am always saddened when someone with those skills passes taking so much knowledge goes with them. My dad was a journeyman machinist and could literally fix or make anything out of metal. My oldest son is a mechanical engineering is obsessed with machine tools and machine work. They never met and I am a poor conduit of those skills. My dad died at 53 and I was just beginning to value him at 21.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version