General Category > Other Manufacturer Discussion

Don't be afraid to say Ford or Mopar!

(1/3) > >>

EDNY:
Was checking out the HAMB and whenever someone asks why they build a Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar..the opinions came flying in.  Just seems human nature to concentrate on what makes us different vs what makes us the same :'(

Really ironic is that when the crap hits the fan...we all stick together.

Don't know how many times I heard that I was driving a great looking Ford.  Hate to break the news but it's a 34 Chevy :D folks!

themoose:
If it's built right, looks good,runs good and drives good who cares what the logo says.A lot of guys are very brand conscious and look down on anything that deviates from what the consider to be a "Real Hot Rod"  but I tend to be more impressed with the craftsmanship and innovation that goes into the build than what it started out life as.I have built and owned a number of different brands including Fords and Mopar but that being said , I still have a soft spot for Chevy's. As you said Ed....Most people who aren't really familiar with cars think that all old cars are Fords.When I tell them its a Chevy you can see their face light up.Bottom line any hot rod is a blast to own and drive.

EDNY:
I have no problem driving any old classic and have no problem mixing up parts either.

My 33 Chevy has a Mustang II front end and 33 Ford taillight horns to hold my 55 Chevy truck taillights!

Guess my car is somewhat "inter-RACE-ial" ;D

Ed

billy:

--- Quote from: EDNY on January 04, 2013, 04:18:37 PM ---I have no problem driving any old classic and have no problem mixing up parts either.

My 33 Chevy has a Mustang II front end and 33 Ford taillight horns to hold my 55 Chevy truck taillights!

Ed

--- End quote ---
i drive a ford 302 powered 27/30/56/82/2012 chevy/willys/corvair/ford hybrid.
i am nuthin if not brand loyal.

EDNY:

--- Quote from: billy on July 11, 2013, 03:45:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: EDNY on January 04, 2013, 04:18:37 PM ---I have no problem driving any old classic and have no problem mixing up parts either.

Ed

--- End quote ---
i drive a ford 302 powered 27/30/56/82/2012 chevy/willys/corvair/ford hybrid.
i am nuthin if not brand loyal.

--- End quote ---

Please just don't tell me you're a Liberal..that would hurt ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version