General Category > Other Manufacturer Discussion

my '33 willys transformation

(1/3) > >>

Jan Bogert10:
i'm transforming my '33 willys 4 door sedan, into a 2 door sedan delivery. I built a '70 350 four bolt main, destroked with a 307 crank, .030 over, alum. high top pistons, comp. cam, roller rockers, 194  heads ported for short track, with a triple angle valve job, sanderson headers, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock carb., electronic dist., elec. water pump, mini alt. like to hear what you guys think..

TFoch:
Jan,
I like the body work you've done so far.  Looks like it came that way!  Sounds like you have the drive train nailed down.  That is a tight fit in that engine compartment but looks great.  I used a similar mini alternator on my 33 Chevy but mounted it down low on the drivers side.  Did you have this car on the road before you started this transformation?
Tom

EDNY:
Looks great now..the front fenders will really set it off!  Interesting is that you could locate the alternator on the passenger side, the fuel pump casting normally is in the way...guess with an electric water pump you have more forward travel.

Ed

Jan Bogert10:
no Tom, I haven't had it on the road yet.  Ed, I fabed brackets off the waterpump with the adjustment under nieth. and then spaced it out on the head.  no room on the bottom, and the heads were '69/'70 that's why there were holes in the casting. I have newer heads but they don't have the holes on the passenger side

Jan Bogert10:
guys after this I can start my '34 chevy coupe, i'm shooting for this winter. Ed,, i'm going to see what I got as far as the steel channel. I know I have it with the stainless bead on the top,, u could paint it black if u want ,, but I don't think you'll see it. i'll shoot u some pics. it comes in 8ft. lengths,, but I will cut u two ieces at 17" for like $10 and shipping

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version