Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

35 almost sedan delivery

(1/12) > >>

RH:
I've always wanted a sedan delivery, and after years of thinking about it finally decided to panel in my rear windows for the look I'm after. Not going to cut out a rear door, just replace the windows with steel. Here's a few photos of the project. The rear glass was glued to the body and wood frame so it took a lot of work to get it out and cleaned up. The first photo is the glass out (the trim ring is setting in place so I could measure the gap). Next I made a template for the panels and had a couple pieces of steel cut and laminated them to plywood (next photo). And finally a photo photo of the panels screwed into place for test fitting. I had some of the 80's red color matched and mixed up and the panels are at a friends being painted now - hope to get them in a couple days. Then I'll simply screw them into place, put some sealer in the seam and it'll be time for some cool lettering to complete the transformation.  :)

FATnLOW:
RH....LIKE IT...post pics  when finished  ,,finish your vision of the   sedan delivery.....I did one  with a 28 Model  A  and  enjoyed doing the build and cruising when I finished it,,,,,

RH:
Thanks fatnlow

I appreciate the encouragement - not everyone around here thinks its a great idea (but thats never stopped me so far....  : )

RH

TFoch:
RH, Nice ride!  It'll look great as a sedan delivery.  Keep the pics coming.
Tom

logride:
Looks like some serious horsepower maker where the hood was. Lots of neat things going on on your car!

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version