Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

Frame for 32 chevy

(1/10) > >>

vette59jdwl:
  Not knowing where to put this ,I decided this would be the place. I have scoured many sites over the last 20 or 30 years and seen lots of ideas. I have an idea kicking around in the back of my head and i would like to let it out I would like some opinions.
  This is about all the 48/49/50/51 chevy trucks that have been placed on chevy S10 and gmc jimmy.frames
   Now how about placing the 32/33 chevy body on such a frame. Is it to high, Is it to long , Is it to wide.The one i am sitting looking at is a jimmy 1992 4 wheel drive v8 700R4 auto,Great running little truck with leather bucked seats and auto push button 4 wheel drive,and a rear leather seat that looks like it would double as a rumble seat lol lol  OK

EDNY:
Sure see a bunch of those trucks on S10 frames and looking good...seen a couple of cars on S10 frames...but they just didn't fit right. For the work required to make it look right..Id rather just start with a 30's frame or box steel and make it fit (clean)the body.

Second option is if you have a 32/33 Chevy coupe body...just sell it to me and it'll be my problem ;)

Ed

TFoch:
I've seen an early 50's Chevy on S10 frame and an early 50's Ford on a Ranger Frame.  I don't know how much work it was to do it.  They looked OK.  I've never seen a 30's car on one of those frames though.  I'm not sure if it would be more work to get it to sit right or just upgrade the original frame like I did.  Looking forward to see which way you'll go.

sixball:
The first things in making a car look right are wheels and stance. If those things are not right nothing else you do will make the car look good. There are so many cars/trucks that don't have the wheels in the correct place in the fender or wheel well. Full fendered 20s and 30s  builds seem to be the easiest to get wrong. Full frame swaps can be tough to get right, "Close Enough" won't do. Those 50s Chevy pickups came from the factory with the rear wheels 1 1/2" too far forward.

themoose:
As sixball said anything can be done but the trick is to make to make it look right. Here's an example of wrong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version