General Category > HAVE A FIX ? (For anything)

Welding potmetal parts

<< < (2/6) > >>

EDNY:
Coley  I just hope you are passing on your knowledge on to someone.  Like I said before ...wish I lived closer to you.

Coley:
Not many people around here want to learn any of the old skills. Allen Polhill is 85 and still makes new shafts and parts for older farm implements.  He also makes parts for the old high wheel bikes.  He also make them from scratch.  Wheels frames etc.
He repaired a high wheel bike for Mike the picker, from Iowa.  I made the rubber pedals for it.
I am 75 and do a lot of repairing any old parts that were made in white metal.
I just made a new decklid nameplate for a customer that likes the old Hudsons.  It was a "TWIN-H-POWER".
He had a good original, but the T was missing.  He had a pitted original with a good T, so I made a no-bake mold of it and cast a T.  I then welded it to the original and made a rubber spin casting mold of it.  They are selling fairly well.
I have been making the headlight stands for 1936 Chevy cars, 37 Chevy trucks, 38 Chevy trucks and the 39-40 Chevy trucks along with the 37-40 GMC trucks.  They have been selling well on eBay.

Here are some pics of the Hudson part.  Welding something that small @ 700 degrees is touchy.

EDNY:
Awesome skills ;)

TFoch:
Nice work Coley :D

ghost28:
WOW.  Nice work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version