Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

1930 Buick V12 build

<< < (65/68) > >>

Essex_29:
Thank you Tom. I was thinking about how to file nice looking hexagonal holes and decided wrenches
would be more fun.
Also, I was thinking of you today and the footer in your posts, as I was enjoying a good part of my
day lying in the sofa with the cat on my chest, and my grandkid sitting on my legs, reading books with
her and her sister. Time well spent, even if it wasn't spent in the garage.
Thank you also, sammons Always fun when the work you do show like they do at this time. It
feels like progress.

I spent a couple hours cleaning off most of the dirt off my engine thursday evening, efter getting it
bolted to the engine stand the night before. 

It's a ton more work that to clean up a chevy small block, there are so many small shapes in the
block and the heads, it's taking a lot of effort to get it clean, probably three hours was spent after
taking  the after pic above.
I dropped the bottom part of the oil pan to clean it out and check how bad it looked inside. Not
very good, but with some luck, the engine might be serviceable.

Tomorrow I'll probably go get a couple of those rotating nylon abrasive wire brushes to scuff the
block and heads with to give the epoxy something to grab onto. Before that I'll do some engine
work, cleaning the vavetrain some and flush the engine with some oil and diesel and ...
We'll see.

Essex_29:
Back after a lot more cleaning and also some totally unrelated work.
I removed the cylindrical thingy in the oil pan here in my last post. I assume it's an oil level sender or
something. I welded the hole shut after removing the sender, it was leaking anyway, so no reason at
all to keep it.
A few days more of cleaning the block and various parts, I stirred a batch of epoxy and sprayed it on.

The engine looks funny in light gray, like an Iveco marine diesel. Transmission bellhousing was epoxied
too, as was the engine to trans adapter and the intake.

Then the next day, black automotive 2K Glasurit high gloss paint.

The intake looks very nice  when painted. Before painting I welded in a longitudinal divider in the center
of the intake to avoid the adjacent intake runners to steal the air/fuel mix from eachother.

The bell housing was painted where it shows when you look at the back of the engine with the car assembled.

Today, I sandblasted and epoxied the engine mounts, also the new water pump, thermostat housing and pulley.
Seems it's new parts that need to be painted every day.

sammons:
Engine and trans looks great! You are moving right along.

TFoch:
Looks like fine jewelry!

sixball:
It looks great. You can't go wrong with gloss black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version