Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

SHAZZBOTT a 1935 chevrolet standard roadster

<< < (24/24)

sixball:
Nice, Was that the starting point?

madmike3435:

--- Quote from: madmike3434 on May 17, 2014, 09:33:46 PM ---after owning my 35 3 window coupe  since 1970 I finally found the only pair of NOS running boards I have ever seen for sale.  This pair will end up on SHAZZBOTT the 35 roadster.

once when I went to look at a 34 roadster in early 80's the guy in western NY state had 12 pair of NOS boards and would not sell a pair. Was an amazing sight  back then. He had a 34 roadster for sale , a 1935 roadster he was finishing up, a 1934 Chevrolet master phaeton with absolutely every option imaginable in 1934. Lost his address . Wish I had bought that 34 roadster back then for the $8500.
mike lynch  8)

--- End quote ---
Interesting update on the runningboard story.  RORA member found a list in the roadster he is building and in that list book is my name and many others I supplied to his father as possible contacts.  The one burning question I had was "who was the guy in western NY state".  Well the list in book showed him, name address and telephone number.

One nite after I got that list I telephoned the guy and BINGO , he was still there same address.  Remembered my visit there about the 34 roadster .    My burning question was, exactly what was that 34 master open car, a phaeton or a convertible sedan as my memory was foggy after all these years.  Turns out they never produced either of these body styles in 1934 USA or Canada, the phaeton was an Australian HOLDEN GM built car.  It was brought to the USA by a minister/priest  returning from Australia  . Back then I was a neophyte in all things early 1933--36 Chevrolet .  Knew diddly about squat.

He has moved on from restoring 1933--1935 Chevrolet open cars.

MIKE LYNCH   HAIRBALL

madmike3435:

--- Quote from: sixball on May 09, 2020, 12:27:21 PM ---Nice, Was that the starting point?

--- End quote ---

Yes that is what I purchased in 2012, those are pictures of ebay ad/auction.  Just far enough away to not raise any red flags.

That had so much bondo 3/8--1/2" thick and tar underneathe 1/4--3/8".  ZAs soon as the transporter opened the doors I knew this was going to get seriously bad.  Only thing saved was the cowl section, hood, doors, quarter panels , dash panel and windshield and top assembly, plus frame. Bumpers were also saved as were stock seats.

Wrong motor + trans , 33 master got sold locally.  Trunk lid was metal formed over angle iron and bashed with a welders chipping hammer and bondo'd.

Once quarter panels were dipped and stripped I estimate at least $2500 to repair them properly.   Not sure if this car is ever going to get finished by me and would be for sale.

mike lynch      HAIRBALL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version